"Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always." (Margery Williams, 'The Velveteen Rabbit')
Our school vision takes inspiration from and is deeply rooted in the Greatest Commandment:
“Love God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and love your neighbour as yourself”.
Our school’s core values of love, friendship, compassion and respect sit at the heart of our school community and underpin every aspect of school life.
Love: “Do everything with love”. (Corinthians 16:14)
Friendship: “Encourage one another and build each other up”. (Thessalonians 5:11)
Compassion: “Be kind to one another”. (Ephesians 4:32)
Respect: “Treat others as you want to be treated”. (Luke 6:31)
As a school, we strive to create a family-orientated environment in which every child in our care knows that they are loved, feels loved, sees love and shows love. One way that we do this is by giving every child in school their own Love Bear to look after for the full duration of their time at St Chad's, the 'Love School'.
Love Bears are given to children during their first few days in school to help them to transition and settle. Children have time to get to know their love bear, giving him/her/it a special name that they have chosen. Once children have filled their Love Bear's heart with joy and love, they are then allowed to take them home to care for, with an increasing amount of independence over time.
Our Love Bears play a pivotal role in our school-wide approach to home learning and collective worships. We kindly ask that all parents/carers support this important piece of work and keep the magic of the bears alive by:
- Finding somewhere safe for your child's child’s bear to live.
- Engaging in your child’s bear home learning and sharing it with your child’s class teacher via Class Dojo.
- Taking your child’s bear out on family adventures – please ensure they do not get lost!
- Involving your child’s bear in family life – having dinner, watching the TV, helping to brush your child’s teeth etc…
- Having lots of fun with your child and their love bear.