- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5-18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
We have used some of our Sports Premium funding to pay for an affiliation package with Derby City School Sport Partnership (SSP). Derby City School Sport Partnership works closely with primary, secondary and special schools in order to develop opportunities in PE and Sport for young people in Derby. The School Sport Partnership is hosted and employed by Derby County Community Trust. Further details about SSP can be found here.
You will find our Sports Premium plans and the breakdown of expenditure below.