Art and Design
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makes and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
- develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
- know about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work
At St Chad’s, the impact of quality first teaching fosters a love- and, enthusiasm for Art and design across school.
The children develop their creativity- and, demonstrate the confidence to work expressively with a variety of materials tools and techniques. They produce much creative work- and, the children use appropriate vocabulary to talk about the journey and the completed product. Often, the children successfully apply the knowledge and skills developed in Art and design across the curriculum- particularly, foundation subjects.
Here are the range of artists children learn about, and are inspired by, at St Chad's:
Useful websites for fun art activities at home:
Art Projects for Kids · Step by Step Drawing Lessons for Kids
Art For Kids Hub - Art Lessons - How To Draw For Kids
Art Primary Resources | National Geographic Kids (natgeokids.com)